I found the following contributions summary provided by the Federal Election Commission (FEC) quite interesting. I am sure that the Democratic-led Congress will call for hearings soon on the mismanagement of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, as they did when the Enron news broke out.
Top Recipients of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Campaign Contributions, 1989-2008
1. Senator Christopher J Dodd (D-CT) $133,900
2. Senator John Kerry (D-MA) $111,000
3. Senator Barack Hussein Obama (D-IL) $105,849
4. Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) $75,550
5. Rep. Paul E. Kanjorski (D-PA) $65,500
6. Sen. Robert Bennett (R-UT) $61,499
7. Sen. Tim Johnson (D-SD) $61,000
8. Sen. Kent Conrad (D-ND) $58,991
9. Rep. Tom Davis (R-VA) $55,499
10. Sen. Christopher S 'Kit' Bond (R-MO) $55,400
Includes contributions from PACs and individuals.